Tuesday 13 May 2014

Spine development

I had planned to have the zigzag pattern following onto the spine, like this:

 However, I didn't feel like it was the strongest effect. It looked awkward next to the front cover. Unlined and unbalanced. I therefore decided to change the idea by added a block colour, the lighter green taken from the front cover.
This was much stronger in my opinion. It balanced the front and back cover nicely, while also added an extra pop of colour.

As for the type for the spine, I wanted to communicate the same visual language and so used the same typography from the front cover. At first I coloured "Family" black, though this appeared harsh and out of place. By making it the same dark green as on the front cover, this united the overall appearance of my front cover.
I also added the "Local Food Lunches" logo, so that the reader knew who was the sponser. Luckily it went well with my design!
Barcode and pricing were also added.

No comments:

Post a Comment