Sunday 11 May 2014

Easy Cheesy Eggy Bread Recipe Development

 Layout plan. Seasonal food icon under ingredient list. Colours - bright orange and more pastel yellow - relates to egg, the main ingredient to this recipe.


 I decided to make my cookbook more portrait. This would allow it to function on an ebook too. Again, I was planning where to put everything for I wanted to make a balanced composition.

 Starting to take shape. I moved the seasonal icons so they running down the side of the page.
Photographs to show progress.
Small chunks of text (in Gills Sans) so that it is easily readable and not overwhelming for children.
Large photograph to show the final result.
Playful typeface for the headings.
Games included - noughts and crosses to play while waiting.
Character also involved - for children to engage with.
Pattern for the borders, which the children can colour in if they like.


- I did experiment with colouring the border, thinking it would add more colour. But I think the page has enough colour without it. Overall, I felt that it would be best to leave them blank so that the children could get involved by colouring them in.



- Added yellow boxes to add more colour to the page.
- A did you know interesting facts included to educate children.
- Lined paper from textbook scanned and placed with the "Your Thoughts" section.




No comments:

Post a Comment